Welcome to Aletheia Christian Academy!
We are glad that you have taken the time to look into Aletheia. We are blessed to have served many families in Pensacola since opening in 1992.
We adopt the Biblical position that the education of children is primarily the responsibility of the parents. However, we are told in Ecclesiastes 4:12 that “…a cord of three strands is not quickly broken…” We believe that the three strands of the Home, the Church, and the School can impact a young person’s life and keep him walking in the way that leads to righteousness. We, therefore, endeavor to be an extension of the Christian home and a tool for enhancing the spiritual, academic, social, and physical development of its students.
We are looking forward to seeing what God will do through ACA this year. We are trusting that He will use Aletheia to be a Godly influence in the lives of your children. It is our desire to walk in obedience, to sow His Word, and to trust Him for the growth.
Our first annual Project S.H.I.N.E. (Serving Him In Neighborhoods Everywhere) is a way to bless our community while fundraising to meet the needs of the ministry to students at Aletheia Christian Academy. Students across our entire campus will be assigned to an area of the community that is in need and will work to bless others. Each student will earn prizes for the amount of pledges they raise as our way of saying thank you to the students for their hard work.
Why Project S.H.I.N.E.?
ACA’s focal verse has always been Psalm 43:3a – “Send out your light and your truth; let them lead me.” The concept behind Project S.H.I.N.E is to send our students out in the community to be the hands and feet of Jesus and to spread God’s light to those in need. Project S.H.I.N.E. will take the place of our previous Annual Fund mail out campaign that we have done in recent years. All money raised will go to the school’s Annual Fund to be used for a variety of ministry needs that we have. There are two major benefits to this new approach:
1. Students learn the joy of service. Students will experience hands-on serving and possibly learn a new skill. They will have immediate results for their efforts and the pleasure of serving others.
2. Students will find several donors to sponsor them for a day’s work. We do NOT charge any individual or business for our volunteer work.
Our goal is to help the school raise at least $25,000. We hope that each family will participate in Project S.H.I.N.E. to the best of their ability. We are asking each student to raise $200 each. We are hoping to make Project S.H.I.N.E. our best fundraising event ever, so the more contributions you raise, the more successful we’ll be at achieving our goal. Thank you so much for your participation and your prayers for this event.
1. Students may start collecting pledges as soon as they receive their pledge sheets. Reminder: Pledge sheets need to be turned in on the day before you are scheduled to serve.
2. Each pledge sponsor making a pledge should write their own name, pledge per hour, and maximum pledge. Students will collect all pledges after their day of service and turn in all pledges at one time.
3. On your designated Project S.H.I.N.E. day, each 4th-12th grade student will travel with their teachers and peers (via bus) to a work site for three hours of service. Students in K-2nd grades will work at a service project set up for them in the gym of ACA.
4. Upon completion of Project S.H.I.N.E., students may then collect outstanding pledges. Please return pledge sheets with the money to ACA by FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2015.
We look forward to all our participants having a great time! For questions or concerns, or to volunteer, please call Traci Weidlich at (850) 969-0088 or email at email@example.com.
This year Aletheia plans to be a provider for VPK children. To qualify for VPK’s free program, a child has to turn 4 by September 1, 2015. For more information, please see our VPK Page.
Order PE uniforms and Aletheia Sports/Hoodies Online
Good news! You can now order your PE uniforms, hoodies, and sports cover-ups at our own online store through David Bowen Sporting Goods. Please use the link below to place your order. Items will be delivered to the school and distributed to the student(s).
Order your 2015-2016 Yearbook Now!
To place an online order, visit http://jostensyearbooks.com
Cardus Study and ACSI’s Response
The purpose of the Cardus Education Survey (CES) was to determine if Christian schools were meeting the goals they have set in the areas of spiritual formation, cultural engagement and academic excellence. The results were compiled from surveying a large number of graduates of public schools, home-schooling, Catholic schools, Protestant schools, and non-religious private schools. Administrators from Protestant and Catholic schools were also surveyed. The CES highlighted the many positive outcomes of Christian schooling, while also pointing out areas where improvement is needed.
Below are links to the CES, an article from Christian School Comment called “The Christian School Difference,” and to the Association of Christian Schools International’s (ACSI) response to the CES. ACSI is Aletheia’s accrediting agency.
If you would like to purchase the Cardus Study, you may find it at this website: www.carduseducationsurvey.com
RenWeb School Management
Aletheia uses RenWeb as our school management software. This program enables parents and students to access real-time information such as attendance, grades, assignments, discipline issues, report cards, and contact information.
How do I log in the first time?
Before you log in to RenWeb, you must provide the school with a current email address.
- From the school website, click the “RenWeb Login” link at the bottom of the page.
- Click the “First Time Users” tab and type in your email address.
- If you are logging in as a parent, click “New Parent Login”; click “New Student Login” if you are a student.
- A new password will be emailed to your email address.
- Go back to the RenWeb login page through the school website, click the “Parents” or “Students” tab, and enter your email address and password. Click “Login.” You may change your password to one that you will easily remember after your initial login.
- Our school code is ACA-FL